Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Student Spotlight: Ebony Brown

Ebony Brown
What is your major?
I am a senior majoring in psychology with a double minor in technical writing and communication with the Certificate in Conflict and Dispute Resolution. I am also an Assistant with the Office of Multicultural Programs.

Why did you pursue the Certificate in Conflict and Dispute Resolution?
I wanted to learn to handle conflict effectively. I believe when conflict can be handled effectively it can foster an environment of healing.

What is the most interesting or useful thing you've learned in the Conflict Certificate program so far?
The most interesting and useful thing I have learned is never to place blame, it just keeps the cycle of conflict going.

How do you plan to use what you've learned in the certificate in the future?
I really love the Circle for Girls Program, and I aspire to work the youth in the education system in St. Louis. I think it would be great program to implement.

What would you say to someone who is considering taking the certificate program?
This is an amazing program and it will teach you skills that can be used in any facet of life. 

For more information on the Certificate in Conflict and Dispute Resolution, offered through the Department of Communication at Missouri State University, visit http://www.missouristate.edu/cdr/Certificate_Programs.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment